BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5 Solution for DoD
Delivering on the Promise of BES 5 with STIG Compliance and Easy Migration from BES 4.1 to 5
SteelWorks© FedMobile™ is simply the best and quickest way to implement a STIG-compliant BlackBerry® Enterprise Server appliance or virtual solution running under VMware. Why spend man-weeks migrating from version 4.1 to 5 while engineering your BlackBerry® environment to be STIG-compliant when the SteelWorks© FedMobile™ appliance can get you there in less than an hour? SteelCloud engineers have already implemented each of the hundreds of security guidelines mandated by Defense Information Security Agency’s (DISA) STIGs to create a solution that is “Gold and Platinum Disk” compliant.
- Reduces implementation time to 60 minutes vs. weeks or months.
- Eliminates the risk of non-compliance.
- Provides a standard configuration for all deployments.
- Simplifies ongoing maintenance tasks.
- Reduces time to migrate from v4.1 to 5.
What is SteelWorks© FedMobile™?
SteelWorks© FedMobile™ is an integrated hardware and software appliance or VMware-based virtual solution that comes pre-loaded with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5, hardened Windows Server OS, and SteelWorks©’ automated set-up and installation program. It enables any size DoD organization to easily upgrade from their current 4.1 environment or deploy a new STIG-compliant BlackBerry® Enterprise Server at a fraction of the cost, time, and resource commitment normally required.
To maximize server availability and streamline ongoing maintenance tasks, SteelWorks© FedMobile™ delivers advanced management features including EverAvail™ for high availability and failover, disaster recovery and patch management. SteelCloud worked closely with Research In Motion (RIM) to create this unique “BES in a Box” appliance to eliminate the cost and time necessary to implement the 100’s of pages of STIG requirements on your BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.
- Delivered as a COTS solution.
- Available as an appliance or VMware-based virtual software solution.
- Automated one-hour installation.
- EverAvail provides a simple, 2 server self-healing high-availability configuration.
- STIGs are implemented for:
- Wireless, including the BlackBerry® Security Checklist
- Windows Server OS
- NET Framework
- Supports Microsoft Exchange.
- SteelWorks© FedMobile™ is “Gold and Platinum Disk” compliant.
- 3 year On-site warranty.
- Support for latest BlackBerry® Smartphones.
Who else is using SteelWorks© FedMobile™?
Army, Navy and Air Force organizations have deployed SteelWorks© FedMobile™. In each case, administrators were able to start initializing BlackBerry® Smartphones within hours of opening the box.
Migrating from BES v4.1 to 5
SteelWorks© Transporter+™ is a tool that simplifies the migration of BlackBerry® users from v4.1 to 5. It is provided at no extra cost with each Steelworks appliance. The GUI interface lets you drag and drop users from their previous domain to their new one. In addition to the easy to use interface, Transporter+ performs error checking to test and verify the move before it’s committed.